login.php?sid=71bc825e2d89d46eac49626bda989b2e profile.php?mode=register&sid=71bc825e2d89d46eac49626bda989b2e faq.php?sid=71bc825e2d89d46eac49626bda989b2e memberlist.php?sid=71bc825e2d89d46eac49626bda989b2e search.php?sid=71bc825e2d89d46eac49626bda989b2e index.php?sid=71bc825e2d89d46eac49626bda989b2e Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions » More gear=less MPH? Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
More gear=less MPH?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7586
Location: Charleston S.C.




How much MPH would you expect to fall off from a 3.73 to a 4.11? The car trapped 3-4mph less than usual.

_________________
www.youtube.com/Matthew103

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Diggler
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 9067
Location: upstate




how many rpms were you turning through the traps? 1/8 or 1/4?
im assuming your going to 3rd shortly before the traps?

i think you went the wrong way anyways. i would put a 3.42 in there with a 26" tire or a 3.73 with a 28" tire and use that nitrous kit you've got. biggrin

_________________
IDinDoNuffin!
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7586
Location: Charleston S.C.




Diggler wrote:
how many rpms were you turning through the traps? 1/8 or 1/4?
im assuming your going to 3rd shortly before the traps?

i think you went the wrong way anyways. i would put a 3.42 in there with a 26" tire or a 3.73 with a 28" tire and use that nitrous kit you've got. biggrin


Don't know what the rpm was. The car only made one pass because it went hard right on launch. I intended to log it, but decided to get the issue worked out before another try.

This is the gear that was in the 12-bolt when I bought it. As I said, it was trapping 88-89mph with a 3.73 and 27x11.50.

biggrin What nitrous?

_________________
www.youtube.com/Matthew103

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
crumbie
I'll put him in the wall....
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 12406
Location: Upperstate




gayer than bert & ernie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Shon Herron
GM fanatic
Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 9807
Location: 29682




Do you guys ever log stuff, ie the weather information; RPMs things happen at?

U R pissing in the wind without knowing some basic information....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7586
Location: Charleston S.C.




Shon Herron wrote:
Do you guys ever log stuff, ie the weather information; RPMs things happen at?

U R pissing in the wind without knowing some basic information....


Had everything there to log it, but there was no point in making another pass in a car that won't leave straight. I will have it all worked out next weekend and get some data.

It did 1.65 60' though, which is better than it had ever done at Dorchester. Only good information that came from that pass.

_________________
www.youtube.com/Matthew103

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Shon Herron
GM fanatic
Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 9807
Location: 29682




I showed geronimo how to fix his darting car at the track, you got it figured out?
good luck, cant wait to see it make a clean pass, with or without that stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7586
Location: Charleston S.C.




Shon Herron wrote:
I showed geronimo how to fix his darting car at the track, you got it figured out?
good luck, cant wait to see it make a clean pass, with or without that stuff.


What needed to be done on his car? Mine will be getting lined up on an alignment rack this week, front and rear.

It still did alright. It went 7.8 at 85... should have went .60's though.

Now that it is cooling down, I will actually be motivated to work on it again.

_________________
www.youtube.com/Matthew103

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Shon Herron
GM fanatic
Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 9807
Location: 29682




same as all of them, everything needs to be lined up so it will go straight.
all these aftermarket parts have tolerances that need to be removed, hence why you buy adjustable parts.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Re: More gear=less MPH?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
AverageJoe
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 1816
Location: Goose Creek, SC




Matts94Z28 wrote:
How much MPH would you expect to fall off from a 3.73 to a 4.11? The car trapped 3-4mph less than usual.


You forgot to mention there was 100lbs more driver

_________________
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Re: More gear=less MPH?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7586
Location: Charleston S.C.




AverageJoe wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
How much MPH would you expect to fall off from a 3.73 to a 4.11? The car trapped 3-4mph less than usual.


You forgot to mention there was 100lbs more driver


please define the relevance to your statement...

_________________
www.youtube.com/Matthew103

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Re: More gear=less MPH?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Illusions
GM fanatic
Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 748
Location: Summerville, SC




Matts94Z28 wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
How much MPH would you expect to fall off from a 3.73 to a 4.11? The car trapped 3-4mph less than usual.


You forgot to mention there was 100lbs more driver


please define the relevance to your statement...


100lbs makes a difference and could be why it was slower

_________________
08 Silverado 3500HD - tow pig
01 Xtreme Blazer - Victory Red (Slow)
01 Xtreme Blazer - Summit White(Slower)
--------------------
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Re: More gear=less MPH?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote
silver455
GM fanatic
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 2612
Location: Greenville




Illusions wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
How much MPH would you expect to fall off from a 3.73 to a 4.11? The car trapped 3-4mph less than usual.


You forgot to mention there was 100lbs more driver


please define the relevance to your statement...


100lbs makes a difference and could be why it was slower


That's why I take two shits on raceday
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Re: More gear=less MPH?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
MonteC
The Tranny Guy
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 3101
Location: Summerville, Sc




silver455 wrote:
Illusions wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
How much MPH would you expect to fall off from a 3.73 to a 4.11? The car trapped 3-4mph less than usual.


You forgot to mention there was 100lbs more driver


please define the relevance to your statement...


100lbs makes a difference and could be why it was slower


That's why I take two shits on raceday


You must own stock in Preparation H. Dems some big shits.

_________________
Griffin Transmission
Robert Griffin 843-276-0554
Quality work at a fair price
GriffinTransmission@gmail.com

4543 Rivers Ave
Directly across from Keystone
Inside PT's Transmission Parts

nordic97mist wrote:
IM JESSE HOOVER NICE TO MEET YOU. IM A RETARD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Green to da Bean
Blastin' Heaps since 2000
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 10219
Location: Sleasley, SC




My Moser 12 bolt had the gear set up wrong from moser. Super tight, actually ruined the gear in 600 miles. It ran 3-4 less mph than it did with the 10 bolt. Had another gear setup and it picked the mph back up.

_________________
Nice Video

"Old is a state of mind. I'm 29, I fuck college girls, work 70 hours a week, run 30 miles a week, and so far so good. I'm doing this until I die!"
-The Nightrain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
More gear=less MPH?
FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group

Totally optional donation link to help pay for the hosting costs, via paypal:

This site is in no way, shape or form a representation of GM, GMC, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, or any other GM division. This site is privately owned and operated for the enjoyment and support of its members. All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners which are not affiliated with, do not sponsor or endorse, and are not responsible for the content of this web site.