login.php?sid=c7f56e707344d3d69c892cbdcd4d8ede profile.php?mode=register&sid=c7f56e707344d3d69c892cbdcd4d8ede faq.php?sid=c7f56e707344d3d69c892cbdcd4d8ede memberlist.php?sid=c7f56e707344d3d69c892cbdcd4d8ede search.php?sid=c7f56e707344d3d69c892cbdcd4d8ede index.php?sid=c7f56e707344d3d69c892cbdcd4d8ede Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions » Tuning help
Tuning help
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
white99ta
GM fanatic

The faults that are throwing my check engine light on are fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are to lean. Is their any way to go in with my diablo tuner and adjust that so they are lean?

I dont know anything about tuning obviously and cant afford to get it dyno tuned. If i sell my roll cage i can get it tuned. Does anyone know anyone around the beaufort/ charleston area that tunes and doesnt cost close to 500 for it?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic

hhpcarolina.com They are in Charleston, SC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
white99ta
GM fanatic

I went to them, they clearly are a great company and everyone there is really nice but they want 475 to dyno tune my car and I already have the diablo tuner. I just can't afford that but thanks for helping.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
trophystock
GM fanatic

V8muscle.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
trophystock
GM fanatic

Please keep in mind that is the code is "lean" that means the computer is haveing to add fuel to it. When it hits about +15% it throws a code. In this case you need to add fuel to the base program either to the MAF table or VE table or possibly to both. One thing to ask is "what did i change lately?". Did you make some changes to the MAF? If not I would try to clean it first and see if that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote
white99ta
GM fanatic

Ya i think their was a leak after the maf. I screw pluggin my smooth air bellow from where the old wet kit nozzle was and sealed that up, cleaned all the parts and put everything back on carefully and havent seen the light since so hopefully it stays off. Thank you for the help, i appreciate it.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 am Reply with quote
98camarod
GM fanatic

sensor one or two?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 am Reply with quote
ElecTech
GM fanatic

white99ta wrote:
Ya i think their was a leak after the maf. I screw pluggin my smooth air bellow from where the old wet kit nozzle was and sealed that up, cleaned all the parts and put everything back on carefully and havent seen the light since so hopefully it stays off. Thank you for the help, i appreciate it.

Just log your long term and short term Fuel trims in your Diablo and you will be able to keep your eye on it. If your LT fuel trims are in the +20's, you'll likely get the codes again. The only way you can adjust for something like that in the Predator without a CMR custom tune, is to do a global fuel change until the trims get closer to zero. Keep in mind that this changes fuel everywhere.

Have you changed the MAF? Highflow ends, screen, aftermarket, etc, etc? These are the biggest causes, besides a vacuum/ exhaust leak or fuel pressure, that I see when these codes come up in a "performance" application.

We also offer a Street Tune for $275.00 that will take care of that, assuming it is calibration related. Since we are a Diablo CMR dealer, we can load the calibration in your Diablo and you will be good to go.

100 Dorchester Manor Blvd.
N. Charleston, SC 29420

888-894-1115 ext. 306
843-206-0426

http://www.greatdane633.blogspot.com/
http://www.jamisoncustomcorvette.com/
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
white99ta
GM fanatic

ElecTech wrote:
white99ta wrote:

Just log your long term and short term Fuel trims in your Diablo and you will be able to keep your eye on it. If your LT fuel trims are in the +20's, you'll likely get the codes again. The only way you can adjust for something like that in the Predator without a CMR custom tune, is to do a global fuel change until the trims get closer to zero. Keep in mind that this changes fuel everywhere.

Have you changed the MAF? Highflow ends, screen, aftermarket, etc, etc? These are the biggest causes, besides a vacuum/ exhaust leak or fuel pressure, that I see when these codes come up in a "performance" application.

We also offer a Street Tune for $275.00 that will take care of that, assuming it is calibration related. Since we are a Diablo CMR dealer, we can load the calibration in your Diablo and you will be good to go.

I have a 85mm Delphi maf( it comes descreened and polished). I haven't checked all vacuum lines but they do look like they are in good shape from what I could see. Id like to get a tune done by you guys but if I go get a tune I wanna get make power and on a dyno to see my numbers. I went in there a couple weeks ago and one of the techs there showed me around the shop and talked to me for awhile about how everything is done and that was the first place I went that made me feel good about everything. I don't remember his name but I'm almost positive he was working on a old duster. It was definately a mopar. I'm trying to sell my roll cage and my Harley do I can do mkre work nd get it tuned.

What will the street tune do for me?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
sepno77
GM fanatic

Another vote for V8muscle.net they know their stuff.

Tuned by V8muscle.net
Tuning help
FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions