login.php?sid=f597de9f69eab0d4eb7d5754abf561ba profile.php?mode=register&sid=f597de9f69eab0d4eb7d5754abf561ba faq.php?sid=f597de9f69eab0d4eb7d5754abf561ba memberlist.php?sid=f597de9f69eab0d4eb7d5754abf561ba search.php?sid=f597de9f69eab0d4eb7d5754abf561ba index.php?sid=f597de9f69eab0d4eb7d5754abf561ba Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Lowcountry Lounge » Got killed by a new Camaro yesterday Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic

BL96TA wrote:
Illusions wrote:
I have this cam 4 sale. was installed ran, on the dyno, and removed. asking $175 I went LSbased vortec engine for the blazer instead.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=236_430_74&products_id=1446

That looks bigger that the 503, Thats probably a little too much for me at the moment. Thanks though......what did it make on the dyno biggrin

There was LT1 issues that arose. lol Hence why it was pulled and ls based installed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

Ahh, well good luck with the LS, I hope one day to have an LSX in my Trans Am but for now ill just have to make due with what i got.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Green to da Bean
Blastin' Heaps since 2000

Matts94Z28 wrote:
Averagejoeklr right here. http://youtu.be/OvajPAvrMCk

with the old school cc306!

Double bulbing SOB. LMAO.

"Old is a state of mind. I'm 29, I fuck college girls, work 70 hours a week, run 30 miles a week, and so far so good. I'm doing this until I die!"
-The Nightrain
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!

Green to da Bean wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
Averagejoeklr right here. http://youtu.be/OvajPAvrMCk

with the old school cc306!

Double bulbing SOB. LMAO.

I recently found out that he had no idea about that. It didn't even rattle him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Green to da Bean
Blastin' Heaps since 2000

Double bulb and then go in deep. LOL.

"Old is a state of mind. I'm 29, I fuck college girls, work 70 hours a week, run 30 miles a week, and so far so good. I'm doing this until I die!"
-The Nightrain
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

lol, i just saw the video, nice job! Is that 306 still considered a good cam? How about compared to the 503?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote
Matts94Z28

BL96TA wrote:
lol, i just saw the video, nice job! Is that 306 still considered a good cam? How about compared to the 503?

Thanks. Joe actually cam by me like a bat out of hell right as we crossed the stripe. I think he trapped like 98-100mph to my 89mph.

People still have good results with it, but you can get the same power and drive-ability out of newer, smaller grinds. I have seen the 230/236 cams make the same power and more TQ.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 am Reply with quote
Illusions
GM fanatic

last cam I had in the blazers LT1 was a 230/238 .570/.573 on a 112 LSA. It was fast enough to scare a certain purple z28(show car) back on the trailer. wink bolt

--------------------
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
brewerz28
pukin ralley

Here's the order girls..Jeff>Joe(as long as someone else is driving)>Mike>MATT....

Really what I meant to say was..

Matt sucks, Joe sucks, Mike sucks, Jeff sucks, Aaron you're cool...im out.

Really??? What the Hell man!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

lol @ Brewer. Keeping real still i see. appl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

Matts94Z28 wrote:
BL96TA wrote:

Thanks. Joe actually cam by me like a bat out of hell right as we crossed the stripe. I think he trapped like 98-100mph to my 89mph.

People still have good results with it, but you can get the same power and drive-ability out of newer, smaller grinds. I have seen the 230/236 cams make the same power and more TQ.

It was a close race. I could tell you had him from the start but about mid way i thought he caught and passed you. I found another video, don't know if it was a the same race or another but you had him by a car at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVRIzGmIh4A&feature=related

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
MonteC
The Tranny Guy

Lol, at Joe.

Matt has a high 7 second car, but joe has a high 6 second car. With the way Joe drives, youd never know.

GriffinTransmission@gmail.com

4543 Rivers Ave
Directly across from Keystone
Inside PT's Transmission Parts

nordic97mist wrote:
IM JESSE HOOVER NICE TO MEET YOU. IM A RETARD
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
AverageJoe
GM fanatic

BL96TA wrote:
lol @ Brewer. Keeping real still i see. appl

Billy's car doesn't even roll.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
Matts94Z28

BL96TA wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
BL96TA wrote:

It was a close race. I could tell you had him from the start but about mid way i thought he caught and passed you. I found another video, don't know if it was a the same race or another but you had him by a car at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVRIzGmIh4A&feature=related

Yep, that was the same race. You would not believe how fast he came around me once we crossed the stripe. I seriously turned my head to see where he was and he wasn't there. It confused the hell out of me. So I turned my head back to look forward and he was about 2 cars in front and on the brakes. LOL. I may have went 7.8 on that pass.

MonteC wrote:
Lol, at Joe.

Matt has a high 7 second car, but joe has a high 6 second car. With the way Joe drives, youd never know.

LOL, TROOF. He is he is getting better. He has the MPH for 6's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

Matts94Z28 wrote:
BL96TA wrote:
Matts94Z28 wrote:
BL96TA wrote:

Yep, that was the same race. You would not believe how fast he came around me once we crossed the stripe. I seriously turned my head to see where he was and he wasn't there. It confused the hell out of me. So I turned my head back to look forward and he was about 2 cars in front and on the brakes. LOL. I may have went 7.8 on that pass.

MonteC wrote:
Lol, at Joe.

LOL, TROOF. He is he is getting better. He has the MPH for 6's for sure.

7.8 is fast man, i just shake my head at times knowing that for the average LT1 it takes some work to get going that fast, My LS1 went either 7.6 or 7.7 with just bolt ons. No tricks or weight reduction, just good tires and full intake and exhuast. Im a fan of the LT1 don't get me wrong or I wouldn't be driving one today but its insane what GM did to produce the HP they are getting out of LS based V8s, example, LS3s making over 400 rwhp with bolt ons where it takes LT1 Heads and cam to do the same. However I like to think when my LT1 makes 400hp that it will sound better then the LS3s 400 hp biggrin

Got killed by a new Camaro yesterday
FastGM.com Forum Index » Lowcountry Lounge