login.php?sid=a4360bc0c55e50805ca8f464a8ec253c profile.php?mode=register&sid=a4360bc0c55e50805ca8f464a8ec253c faq.php?sid=a4360bc0c55e50805ca8f464a8ec253c memberlist.php?sid=a4360bc0c55e50805ca8f464a8ec253c search.php?sid=a4360bc0c55e50805ca8f464a8ec253c index.php?sid=a4360bc0c55e50805ca8f464a8ec253c Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Lowcountry Lounge » Got killed by a new Camaro yesterday Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Got killed by a new Camaro yesterday
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Summerville




It was a new Camaro SS, probably one of the best ive seen around (Black). I was following behind him and the light infront of us turned red and luckly there were two empty lanes. He pulled over to the empty lane to the right putting me on his left. When I saw him pull to the right lane i laughed because i knew what it ment. Now mind you my car is a stock LT1 save for a cut out and ram air induction set up. I have owened my car now for almost a year and have not raced it once. I knew if I raced I would loose but knowing the new camaro's are heavy and from what ive heard prone to wheel hop I figured what the hell, lets just see how I fair to what i can only guess is a stock 2010/2011 SS Camaro. Light turns green and i gradually roll into the gass to avoid wheel spin and then hammer it. The SS had a good launch and put half a car on me from the start. After the initial jump we stayed pretty even in distance all through 1st. Shift into second and the SS pulled another car before we got to third. Didn't spend too long in 3rd because that was a really good gear for him! He straight up walked me in 3rd, the car and a half he had on me quickly went to 3 cars. Knowing it would just get worse I got out of the gas.

I have long tube headers that ill install once i get the rest of the exhaust set up and then when I get them put on ill buy a 3600 stall. With those mods I think if we did that race over id be able avoid giving any ground up from the stop through first and hold my own until the top of second where im sure the new SS would start putting distance on me. If im going to hang in third ill need a cam and tune for sure.

_________________
1996 Trans Am
A4
Ram Air, PC LTs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Illusions
GM fanatic
Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 748
Location: Summerville, SC




Sorry for the loss you experienced against the new Camaro. I do have to say the little red blazer does fairly well against them. biggrin

_________________
08 Silverado 3500HD - tow pig
01 Xtreme Blazer - Victory Red (Slow)
01 Xtreme Blazer - Summit White(Slower)
--------------------
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Shon Herron
GM fanatic
Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 9807
Location: 29682




LS motors FTMFW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Re: Got killed by a new Camaro yesterday
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic
Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1662
Location: Summerville, sc




BL96TA wrote:
It was a new Camaro SS, probably one of the best ive seen around (Black). I was following behind him and the light infront of us turned red and luckly there were two empty lanes. He pulled over to the empty lane to the right putting me on his left. When I saw him pull to the right lane i laughed because i knew what it ment. Now mind you my car is a stock LT1 save for a cut out and ram air induction set up. I have owened my car now for almost a year and have not raced it once. I knew if I raced I would loose but knowing the new camaro's are heavy and from what ive heard prone to wheel hop I figured what the hell, lets just see how I fair to what i can only guess is a stock 2010/2011 SS Camaro. Light turns green and i gradually roll into the gass to avoid wheel spin and then hammer it. The SS had a good launch and put half a car on me from the start. After the initial jump we stayed pretty even in distance all through 1st. Shift into second and the SS pulled another car before we got to third. Didn't spend too long in 3rd because that was a really good gear for him! He straight up walked me in 3rd, the car and a half he had on me quickly went to 3 cars. Knowing it would just get worse I got out of the gas.

I have long tube headers that ill install once i get the rest of the exhaust set up and then when I get them put on ill buy a 3600 stall. With those mods I think if we did that race over id be able avoid giving any ground up from the stop through first and hold my own until the top of second where im sure the new SS would start putting distance on me. If im going to hang in third ill need a cam and tune for sure.


Throw the checkbook at it. That will make it kick its ass.Converter, tune, full exhaust and h/c/i should put a smile on your face and make the newer camaro's kick themselves in the nuts. Just watch out for a couple of the new ones in the area as a small handful are blown and have some nice mods to them .

_________________
nordic97mist wrote:
I am 17 and my brain is not fully developed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Summerville




I expected to loose anyways so no heart break on my end, i was just wondering by how much I would loose and what i learned was the camaro pulled harder and put more car lengths on me the longer we stayed in the gas.

Ill get there though, I have a long way and just getting the bolt ons and supportive mods for heads/cam will take a little while since im a full time student now. I think a LE2 h/c set up will will be the equalizer I need against the average 2010/11 SS. I believe that set up will get my auto in the 380-400rwhp range. It's crazy though how much HP GM has those LS3s making.

_________________
1996 Trans Am
A4
Ram Air, PC LTs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
dstappity
GM fanatic
Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 976




I had the pleasure of racing one, they are quick but my blue truck put the smack down on it, had him by a half a car at the start (with no traction) and kept pulling further away every shift. all i have done is headers and a tune, otherwise stock ls1.


also attempted to race a 2011 gt500, that had fail written all over it before i even started. lol
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Summerville




lol thats bad ass, what truck do you have the ls1 in?

_________________
1996 Trans Am
A4
Ram Air, PC LTs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
dstappity
GM fanatic
Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 976




The aforementioned blue truck (ext. cab sonoma)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Summerville




Thats cool, i wouldn't expect a truck to hual ass like that. I just bought the rest of my exhaust so hopefully with in the next couple of weeks ill have my LTs on and be one step closer to buying my stall converter. Im not messing with susspension other than my relocation brakets for my LCA and adjustable panhard bar so after my stall ill be buying the parts for my cam and tune. That should put me ahead of most mild bolt on LS1's and even or a little infront of the new camaros.

_________________
1996 Trans Am
A4
Ram Air, PC LTs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
zspot98
officially the 2nd fastest street car
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 1210
Location: Back in Chucktown Bitchez




I don't think you'll be ahead of either of the vehicles you mentioned with a cam, stall, and tune on a LT. If you think so, we can set up a little test against my car, since its a mild bolt on LS like you mentioned.

_________________
Having a good looking car is like stuffing socks down your pants. It's cool until you have to perform.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7586
Location: Charleston S.C.




zspot98 wrote:
I don't think you'll be ahead of either of the vehicles you mentioned with a cam, stall, and tune on a LT. If you think so, we can set up a little test against my car, since its a mild bolt on LS like you mentioned.


I got a cam, stall and tune. I will gap your red head ass any day. Sucka.

_________________
www.youtube.com/Matthew103

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Green to da Bean
Blastin' Heaps since 2000
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 10219
Location: Sleasley, SC




Matts94Z28 wrote:
zspot98 wrote:
I don't think you'll be ahead of either of the vehicles you mentioned with a cam, stall, and tune on a LT. If you think so, we can set up a little test against my car, since its a mild bolt on LS like you mentioned.


I got a cam, stall and tune. I will gap your red head ass any day. Sucka.

+1. All my bolt on Lt1's ran pretty well (7.4-7.8 1/8th mile), figure with a came they'd be quicker lol.

_________________
Nice Video

"Old is a state of mind. I'm 29, I fuck college girls, work 70 hours a week, run 30 miles a week, and so far so good. I'm doing this until I die!"
-The Nightrain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
AverageJoe
GM fanatic
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 1816
Location: Goose Creek, SC




zspot98 wrote:
I don't think you'll be ahead of either of the vehicles you mentioned with a cam, stall, and tune on a LT. If you think so, we can set up a little test against my car, since its a mild bolt on LS like you mentioned.


Huge cam is not a bolt-on.

_________________
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Green to da Bean
Blastin' Heaps since 2000
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 10219
Location: Sleasley, SC




Silly Low Countrian's.

_________________
Nice Video

"Old is a state of mind. I'm 29, I fuck college girls, work 70 hours a week, run 30 miles a week, and so far so good. I'm doing this until I die!"
-The Nightrain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
PrdatrZ
GM fanatic
Joined: 09 Oct 2010
Posts: 325
Location: Simpsonville




Before I got the gears and tune, I destroyed one from a dig but he walked the dog on me on any roll we went from. I think it'd be pretty different now.

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
Got killed by a new Camaro yesterday
FastGM.com Forum Index » Lowcountry Lounge
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 5  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group

Totally optional donation link to help pay for the hosting costs, via paypal:

This site is in no way, shape or form a representation of GM, GMC, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, or any other GM division. This site is privately owned and operated for the enjoyment and support of its members. All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners which are not affiliated with, do not sponsor or endorse, and are not responsible for the content of this web site.