login.php?sid=6bc718f4dfd18a36511fdc44da31b49b profile.php?mode=register&sid=6bc718f4dfd18a36511fdc44da31b49b faq.php?sid=6bc718f4dfd18a36511fdc44da31b49b memberlist.php?sid=6bc718f4dfd18a36511fdc44da31b49b search.php?sid=6bc718f4dfd18a36511fdc44da31b49b index.php?sid=6bc718f4dfd18a36511fdc44da31b49b Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Lounge » NNBS Tahoe MPG? Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Diggler
GM fanatic

once upon a time the z71 was the off-road suspension package... which for anyone wanting to go offroad, would include 4wd so they wouldnt get stuck while offroad. duh.

now it is an appearance package (sticker on the rear fender) to get people to buy trucks. you sure as hell wont get far in a 2wd pickup truck regardless of the suspension.

wtf? guy i work with has one. im wondering how much the 2wd z71 option costs?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
02ws6NBM
GM fanatic

I'm not sure what the pacakge costs, but for the Tahoe the z71 package includes: fender flares, front tow hooks, front and mid skid plates, brushed aluminum front bumper, brushed aluminum door handles, brushed aluminum interior accent (instead of woodgrain), off-road suspension and tires (all terrains), 18" wheels, brushed aluminum side steps, G80 rear (open diff, so even 4WD is more like 3WD), z71 badges and different gauge cluster faces. All but the actual z71 badges and maybe the aluminum trim pieces can be purchased separately. So you can have a non-z71 with all those options listed above, minus the badges and some trim pieces.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what I've read the z71 packages for the trucks are little different than the suv's.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
FRDnemesis
GM fanatic

2007 Tahoe 70k miles

K&N filter

Never tracked city but we average between 19-21mpg hwy.

The displacement on Demand or whatever they call it these days is a joke. It never stays engaged for more than 5-10 seconds at a time. catch a headwind, it shuts off, the tiniest of incline in the interstate, it shuts off.

However, I have been able to get it to stay engaged by getting within a few car lengths of a transfer truck and maintain 37mpg biggrin with the wife screaming "YOU'RE TOO CLOSE"!!!!!!! biggrin bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 am Reply with quote
crumbie
I'll put him in the wall....

FRDnemesis wrote:
2007 Tahoe 70k miles

K&N filter

The displacement on Demand or whatever they call it these days is a joke. It never stays engaged for more than 5-10 seconds at a time. catch a headwind, it shuts off, the tiniest of incline in the interstate, it shuts off.

However, I have been able to get it to stay engaged by getting within a few car lengths of a transfer truck and maintain 37mpg biggrin with the wife screaming "YOU'RE TOO CLOSE"!!!!!!! biggrin bolt

you are right. slightest hint of pedal pressure and it will disengage quickly. on the highway, ours gets 12-13 mpg up hills fully loaded and i let it coast down the other side and get 90+ mpg downhill. LOL
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quote
Diggler
GM fanatic

crumbie wrote:
FRDnemesis wrote:
2007 Tahoe 70k miles

K&N filter

you are right. slightest hint of pedal pressure and it will disengage quickly. on the highway, ours gets 12-13 mpg up hills fully loaded and i let it coast down the other side and get 90+ mpg downhill. LOL

yup, the explorer pegs the mpg gauge at 99 when coasting downhill.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
crumbie
I'll put him in the wall....

drive by wire sucks. so much delay and weird pedal feel too. stupid chebby junk. attentionwhore
NNBS Tahoe MPG?
FastGM.com Forum Index » Lounge