login.php?sid=ff5cc97b472b198dbc4bf417635d4854 profile.php?mode=register&sid=ff5cc97b472b198dbc4bf417635d4854 faq.php?sid=ff5cc97b472b198dbc4bf417635d4854 memberlist.php?sid=ff5cc97b472b198dbc4bf417635d4854 search.php?sid=ff5cc97b472b198dbc4bf417635d4854 index.php?sid=ff5cc97b472b198dbc4bf417635d4854 Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Racers Lounge » FUCK A C6!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
FUCK A C6!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
PEARL_JAM
GM fanatic
Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MountFrigginPleasant S.C.




Anyone ever have to drop the tanks and replace the fuel pump/sending unit on one of these?! What a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! banghead

_________________
03 ecsb LS1Cam (4now), Electric Fans, Exhaust, Ported TB, rebulit 4l60 w/shift improvements&stall 130amp Alt,Magnaflow exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101653 cam/stall/e-fans
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
brewerz28
pukin ralley
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 1291
Location: charleston




yeah i heard its a pita...did yall have to take the rear fenders off?

_________________

Really??? What the Hell man!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
PEARL_JAM
GM fanatic
Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MountFrigginPleasant S.C.




brewerz28 wrote:
yeah i heard its a pita...did yall have to take the rear fenders off?

No, being a 6 speed I didn't even have to drop.the trans/rear end. The bitch is the crossover tube that runs above the transmission and connects both tanks. That, and the plastic tubing that runs from each pump/sending unit TO the crossover tube. I'm a skinny guy, and I still had to do a contortion act to get this done.
My desire to own a Vette has lessoned.:-)

_________________
03 ecsb LS1Cam (4now), Electric Fans, Exhaust, Ported TB, rebulit 4l60 w/shift improvements&stall 130amp Alt,Magnaflow exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101653 cam/stall/e-fans
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic
Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1662
Location: Summerville, sc




[quote="PEARL_JAM"]
brewerz28 wrote:

My desire to own a Vette has lessoned.:-)



Thats why you take it somewhere and have them do it. bolt

_________________
nordic97mist wrote:
I am 17 and my brain is not fully developed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
MonteC
The Tranny Guy
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 3101
Location: Summerville, Sc




Mostly work on chevys?

_________________
Griffin Transmission
Robert Griffin 843-276-0554
Quality work at a fair price
GriffinTransmission@gmail.com

4543 Rivers Ave
Directly across from Keystone
Inside PT's Transmission Parts

nordic97mist wrote:
IM JESSE HOOVER NICE TO MEET YOU. IM A RETARD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote
PEARL_JAM
GM fanatic
Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MountFrigginPleasant S.C.




Been with GM for 13 years now.10 at Crapleveen in Summerville, 2 at the now closed smvlle. Marathon, now at Marathon N.Chas.

_________________
03 ecsb LS1Cam (4now), Electric Fans, Exhaust, Ported TB, rebulit 4l60 w/shift improvements&stall 130amp Alt,Magnaflow exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101653 cam/stall/e-fans
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote
MonteC
The Tranny Guy
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 3101
Location: Summerville, Sc




PEARL_JAM wrote:
Been with GM for 13 years now.10 at Crapleveen in Summerville, 2 at the now closed smvlle. Marathon, now at Marathon N.Chas.


Just wondering if youve ever worked on german cars.... There a whole bucket of fun.

_________________
Griffin Transmission
Robert Griffin 843-276-0554
Quality work at a fair price
GriffinTransmission@gmail.com

4543 Rivers Ave
Directly across from Keystone
Inside PT's Transmission Parts

nordic97mist wrote:
IM JESSE HOOVER NICE TO MEET YOU. IM A RETARD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 am Reply with quote
PEARL_JAM
GM fanatic
Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MountFrigginPleasant S.C.




MonteC wrote:
PEARL_JAM wrote:
Been with GM for 13 years now.10 at Crapleveen in Summerville, 2 at the now closed smvlle. Marathon, now at Marathon N.Chas.


Just wondering if youve ever worked on german cars.... There a whole bucket of fun.

Only minor work. Axles on a Passat, electrical stuff on a few BMWs. Ive heard horror stories about Europeon cars, though. My hats off to you if you deal with that shit on a constant basis.

_________________
03 ecsb LS1Cam (4now), Electric Fans, Exhaust, Ported TB, rebulit 4l60 w/shift improvements&stall 130amp Alt,Magnaflow exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101653 cam/stall/e-fans
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic
Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1662
Location: Summerville, sc




how hard is it to do a drivers side window motor on a 98 up s10? or should it be dealersip trip

_________________
nordic97mist wrote:
I am 17 and my brain is not fully developed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote
PEARL_JAM
GM fanatic
Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MountFrigginPleasant S.C.




lxtasy wrote:
how hard is it to do a drivers side window motor on a 98 up s10? or should it be dealersip trip

Not real bad, but there are rivits to drill out.

_________________
03 ecsb LS1Cam (4now), Electric Fans, Exhaust, Ported TB, rebulit 4l60 w/shift improvements&stall 130amp Alt,Magnaflow exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101653 cam/stall/e-fans
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic
Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1662
Location: Summerville, sc




PEARL_JAM wrote:
lxtasy wrote:
how hard is it to do a drivers side window motor on a 98 up s10? or should it be dealersip trip

Not real bad, but there are rivits to drill out.
sidejob?

_________________
nordic97mist wrote:
I am 17 and my brain is not fully developed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
slowsten
Nothing?
Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Posts: 359
Location: Atlanta




One of the last jobs I did when I worked for GM was a teardown on an engine out of a C5 Z06. GM put the piston rings in upside down and the <200 mile car was smoking like a chimney. I had every bit of 2 bays loaded up with scattered parts from that P.O.S... don't miss shit like that and sliding door recalls on Venture vans...

and for the record, fuck VW, BMW and Benz... that's why I don't work at an independent shop.

_________________
S10s are the devil.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 am Reply with quote
PEARL_JAM
GM fanatic
Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MountFrigginPleasant S.C.




slowsten wrote:
One of the last jobs I did when I worked for GM was a teardown on an engine out of a C5 Z06. GM put the piston rings in upside down and the <200 mile car was smoking like a chimney. I had every bit of 2 bays loaded up with scattered parts from that P.O.S... don't miss shit like that and sliding door recalls on Venture vans...

and for the record, fuck VW, BMW and Benz... that's why I don't work at an independent shop.

Dealerships are REALLY becoming BS to work for. All they look at is CSI. And if I did my joby right (fixed right the 1st time, out clean and on time) but the service wrighter pissed the customer off, then both of us get a bad CSI report and then a lecture. The shits getting old.

_________________
03 ecsb LS1Cam (4now), Electric Fans, Exhaust, Ported TB, rebulit 4l60 w/shift improvements&stall 130amp Alt,Magnaflow exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101653 cam/stall/e-fans
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
KissMyWhiteSS
Give me another shot!
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 2255
Location: Charleston, SC




PEARL_JAM wrote:
slowsten wrote:
One of the last jobs I did when I worked for GM was a teardown on an engine out of a C5 Z06. GM put the piston rings in upside down and the <200 mile car was smoking like a chimney. I had every bit of 2 bays loaded up with scattered parts from that P.O.S... don't miss shit like that and sliding door recalls on Venture vans...

and for the record, fuck VW, BMW and Benz... that's why I don't work at an independent shop.

Dealerships are REALLY becoming BS to work for. All they look at is CSI. And if I did my joby right (fixed right the 1st time, out clean and on time) but the service wrighter pissed the customer off, then both of us get a bad CSI report and then a lecture. The shits getting old.


oh do i not miss that

_________________
2007 Tahoe: In Memory of my Dad.
2006 CTS: SOLD
1998 Z28 - SOLD
2001 Arctic White SLP SS A4: 1 of 234 Built, SLP Build Number 3414 - SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
STREETLETHALZ
skeet skeet
Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 7747
Location: GREENVILLE




slowsten wrote:
One of the last jobs I did when I worked for GM was a teardown on an engine out of a C5 Z06. GM put the piston rings in upside down and the <200 mile car was smoking like a chimney. I had every bit of 2 bays loaded up with scattered parts from that P.O.S... don't miss shit like that and sliding door recalls on Venture vans...

and for the record, fuck VW, BMW and Benz... that's why I don't work at an independent shop.


being an independent, i laugh when people call about BMW, VW, Benz,SAAB, VOLVO, and AUDI, business is never that slow, that i would waste my time fucking with one of those european rolling turds.

i'll mess with any older volvo, or even bimmers, but above 90 i don't get close enough to piss on one if i can help it. i also have a separate labor rate if someone really wants me to mess with one, it's normal book hours x2.

_________________
864-346-7884
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FUCK A C6!!!
FastGM.com Forum Index » Racers Lounge
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group

Totally optional donation link to help pay for the hosting costs, via paypal:

This site is in no way, shape or form a representation of GM, GMC, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, or any other GM division. This site is privately owned and operated for the enjoyment and support of its members. All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners which are not affiliated with, do not sponsor or endorse, and are not responsible for the content of this web site.