login.php?sid=c5109e5e97151b79e6bc9c5c99f33f82 profile.php?mode=register&sid=c5109e5e97151b79e6bc9c5c99f33f82 faq.php?sid=c5109e5e97151b79e6bc9c5c99f33f82 memberlist.php?sid=c5109e5e97151b79e6bc9c5c99f33f82 search.php?sid=c5109e5e97151b79e6bc9c5c99f33f82 index.php?sid=c5109e5e97151b79e6bc9c5c99f33f82 Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Lowcountry Lounge » where to live?
where to live?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
97isuzu_4x4
GM fanatic

moving back to the lowcountry at the end of the summer....thinking more along the lines of summerville, goose creek, ladson area....girlfriend will be workin at a hospital not sure which one yet...and i will be attending trident tech...then transfering to the citadel....we are coming down tomorrow to look at some apartments....anything we should definately look at or stay away from?

Pacesetter Long Tubes & Offroad Y-Pipe, SLP Loud Mouth 1 Catback, K&N Cold Air Intake, CRT Ceramic Intake Elbow, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Hypertech 160* Thermostat, NGK TR5 Spark Plugs, MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, LT4 Knock Module, Herron Performance Tune, !AIR, !EGR, LS1 Brakes,
Rate My Rides http://www.cardomain.com/id/JEB_3096
tcchubb wrote:

you are forgetting i drive a slobra. lol
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quote
jmd
GM fanatic

goose creek is a good choice. north charleston is a bad area.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote
Illusions
GM fanatic

The apartments in Crowfield Plantation in Goose Creek are nice. Reasonable rent and has pool and good size work out room. These are located just off St James on the main road through Crowfield on the left. Close to everything. Do not waste your time looking at the apartments in old Goose Creek by the GC high school. Unless you speak Spanish, Portuguese and have kevlar body suits..

--------------------
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote
Matts94Z28
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!

Wescott is nice if you plan to come to Sville.

Re: where to live?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
MrDude_1
ask me about my narcissism

97isuzu_4x4 wrote:
moving back to the lowcountry at the end of the summer....thinking more along the lines of summerville, goose creek, ladson area....girlfriend will be workin at a hospital not sure which one yet...and i will be attending trident tech...then transfering to the citadel....we are coming down tomorrow to look at some apartments....anything we should definately look at or stay away from?

you just need to visit the neighborhood first.

downtown sucks unless you're in college there, and have money.

mount pleasant is just for middle class people that want to spend all their money in ways that make them appear upper middle class.... pretty much 90% of them will never get out of debt. cost of living is high. also budget for traffic tickets. its not really nicer then the nice parts in the rest of the greater charleston area...but they like to think it is.

west ashley has nice areas, and slummy areas. sometimes right next to each other.. just checkout the neighborhoods you're interested in, its not hard to figure out. if you pick the south part of it, expect to drive alot to go anywhere.

moving north of downtown, so upper charleston and lower north charleston.. just stay away. theres a reason everyone uses the interstate to cut through there.. its a shit hole. almost all of the shootings/stabbings/crazy shit seems to happen around there.

in upper north charleston, its split. half towards dorchester, half up rivers/52.... like west ashley, theres alot of nice places, intermixed with a few crummier places... i prefer the side over by rivers, next to Goose Creek and ladson. its closer to everything. the side near dorchester is somewhat nicer in places, but its also a longer drive to go anywhere.
commutes from dorchester suck.

further north, you have Goose Creek... imagine 52(rivers ave) splitting goose creek... heading away from charleston, to your right you have a shit hole you dont want to live in.. to your left theres some nice houses and neighborhoods...(you can also imagine that the rail road tracks split it if you want.. its parallel to 52)

summerville is a split between mount pleasant and north charleston... theres very nice places that are overpriced, and theres regular neighborhoods intermixed with crummy ones. if you stay in the north area, its not bad, but it sucks to commute from summerville.

thats my basic split on it... really for most people id say the upper north charleston, goose creek, ladson area is where to look.

everything i say is just my personal opinion, and in no way-shape-form or attitude represents FastGM at all..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
97isuzu_4x4
GM fanatic

thanks for all the insight...we took the trip down there this morning and made a day of looking at some apartments that we found online or that were referred to us...looked at alot on St James....ended up filling out apps and puttin money down at Woodfield St James just past the walmart...nicest places we saw...somewhat pricey but ive paid more to live in a shitty place in downtown cola....and besides...its her money...who am i to tell her how to spend it

Pacesetter Long Tubes & Offroad Y-Pipe, SLP Loud Mouth 1 Catback, K&N Cold Air Intake, CRT Ceramic Intake Elbow, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Hypertech 160* Thermostat, NGK TR5 Spark Plugs, MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, LT4 Knock Module, Herron Performance Tune, !AIR, !EGR, LS1 Brakes,
tcchubb wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
zspot98
officially the 2nd fastest street car

When are you moving down here? My house will be for rent by early August. Its a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 stall garage, fenced in yard, and its located in upper North Charleston. My house is like 5 minutes from anything you could ever need. It's probably the best location I've ever lived in.

-Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
97isuzu_4x4
GM fanatic

mid-late july...thats when my lease is done up here...you can pm me some pics and prices if ya want...the woman is pretty set on this place but you never know..

tcchubb wrote:

where to live?
FastGM.com Forum Index » Lowcountry Lounge