login.php?sid=52eeac1b9cc24b5cf9ee02d09fd606e4 profile.php?mode=register&sid=52eeac1b9cc24b5cf9ee02d09fd606e4 faq.php?sid=52eeac1b9cc24b5cf9ee02d09fd606e4 memberlist.php?sid=52eeac1b9cc24b5cf9ee02d09fd606e4 search.php?sid=52eeac1b9cc24b5cf9ee02d09fd606e4 index.php?sid=52eeac1b9cc24b5cf9ee02d09fd606e4 Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions » Trying to put together an exhaust, LTs with X-pipe need help
Trying to put together an exhaust, LTs with X-pipe need help
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

Alright, so far i have Pacesetter LT's and would like to have an X-pipe with flowmaster mufflers dumped behind the axle. If any one has any experiance with a set up like this could you look at these parts im looking at on jegs and tell me if you think it would work.

As far as x-pipes i was looking at this Pypes set up- http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/XVF10/10002/-1?parentProductId=1159309 The add says the pipe is 21" wide I have no idea if that will be too narrow or wide to line up to my pacesetters, thats my biggest concern with this x-pipe

Mufflers- http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/8042541/10002/-1?parentProductId= Now i don't know if i need the offset in and center out but it sounds right. If there is a better set up let me know

I know i need other supporting items like reducers, clamps and hangers but what i need is some input about the mufflers and x-pipe, if anyone knows if this set up will work or knows of one that will please let me know. Or would i be better off buying some pipes and x-pipe center and having an exhaust shop fabricate one for me. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Diggler
GM fanatic

ive had that setup and a single 4" mufflex setup. honestly i would do a 4" mufflex.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:48 pm Reply with quote
BL96TA
GM fanatic

Im trying to put together the exhaust as best and as cheap as i can. from what ive looked at the X pipe will be cheaper then the y-pipe/catback combo.

So your saying that Pypes x-pipe will work? I wasn't sure if i needed this one http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/XVF10/10002/-1?parentProductId=1159309 or this one http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/XVA10/10002/-1?parentProductId=1159309

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Diggler
GM fanatic

i think i used a summit universal x kit on mine. had single chamber flowmasters under the rear seats with turndowns. scrubbed and hit everything. also resonated and rattled. sounded fantastic outside the car.

after i got sick of that crap, i put a factory dual/dual exhaust on there from an ss. much quieter inside the car, and i was amazed at how many suspension rattles i had. so then i started taking all that crap back out and putting streetable pieces back in so that i wouldnt be so miserable every time i drove the car. still makes around 400rwhp through that stock 3" exhaust.
with a similar sized cam and patriot stage 2 heads it made 376rwhp through my dual 3" setup. lol!

FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions