login.php?sid=aad4551e554e78ac8fa822abcbdb88bb profile.php?mode=register&sid=aad4551e554e78ac8fa822abcbdb88bb faq.php?sid=aad4551e554e78ac8fa822abcbdb88bb memberlist.php?sid=aad4551e554e78ac8fa822abcbdb88bb search.php?sid=aad4551e554e78ac8fa822abcbdb88bb index.php?sid=aad4551e554e78ac8fa822abcbdb88bb Timeslip Database

FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions » o2 sensor question
o2 sensor question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
dawgs3347
GM fanatic

i recently bought a 98 s10 and the ppl before me took the cat out and didnt do anything with the o2 sensors after the cat. i went 125 miles after filling up and was down to 1/4 tank. with the recent gas spike i cant afford this by any means. does anybody have any ideas on what i could do? worst comes to worst i'll get a new cat and all that stuff but i'm really looking for a cheaper way to do it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
jay_99z
Tiny Member

Your rear O2 is only there to tell you if the cat is ok. Your fronts are the ones that matter. If you can tolerate the check engine light don't worry about it.

To get rid of it you can get someone to turn off the code with tuning software or get an O2 simulator.I think you can still get them from www.afterthoughtsauto.com or search for O2 sim
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
dawgs3347
GM fanatic

so i'm guessing i've got another issue then with my gas mileage problem? the ses doesnt bother me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
jay_99z
Tiny Member

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/o2sim.html
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote
jay_99z
Tiny Member

Yeah. It could be one or both of the fronts on the way out. Exhaust leak at the y pipe just up from the O2's. Could be a number of things....but your rear O2 wont be the issue.

Any other codes?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
dawgs3347
GM fanatic

i looked real quck and saw o2 sensor and didnt pay attention to anything else. i'll go to advance and use their scanner again tomorrow but it was just the one last time i looked. thanks for the feedback

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
lxtasy
GM fanatic

Are the 02 sensors even hooked up? You could use spacers or a spark plug fouler between the 02 sensor and the pipe and help it out.

Or if by chance your 02 is bad, get new ones if you have the money. Or you can contact the guys at www.hhpcarolina.com *located in North Charleston* and they will be able to help you get it tuned out

o2 sensor question
FastGM.com Forum Index » Tech Questions